Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Family's Christmas Favorites

 When families come together for the holidays, I think there is one common ground we all share as a universal body. Regardless of our cultural backgrounds, we all want to eat our mom's special cooking at Christmas.
 
These are the King family Christmas dinner must haves! It's tradition Gumbo and the other trimmings for dinner. I think next year will be the perfect time to explore other Christmas dinner traditions. For instance what is on a typical Asian Christmas menu, how about the Latin Christmas dinner palate?

Researching and interviews from as many non-American cultures as possible will be an eye opener,don't you think? Hope you can join me, inform me, also share pics, recipes from far away places.
Until next posting, keep those pots and pans rattling and the oven pre-heated and ready to go!



Seafood Gumbo


My Granddaughter's and daughter's gingerbread house


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Red Velvet Cake

Christmas Sugar Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment